1. Benzyl alcohol is classified as:
a. Emulsifying agent
d. Suspending agent
2. Cold cream is an example of: a. Suspension
b. O/W emulsion
c. W/O emulsion
d. O/W/O emulsion
3. Which of the following is an example of an oligosaccharide?
4. Which pyrimidine base is found only in RNA?
5. The deviation of data from its mean is generally described by:
a. The average
b. The standard deviation
c. The precision
d. The accuracy
6. The reproducibility of results of a number of experiments is generally known as:
7. Which of the following drugs is an angiotensin receptor antagonist ?
8. The rate of sedimentation is independent of :
a. The viscosity of dispersion medium.
b. The diameter of suspended particles.
c. The difference in densities between dispersed medium and dispersed phase.
d. The lipophilic nature of particles.
9. A patient with acute hypercapnia should be treated with which of the following ?
10. Which of the following is NOT an example of a live attenuated vaccine ?
11. Corlopam (Feoldopam) is indicated for short-term (up to 48 hours) management of severe hypertension. It is classified a(n)
a Alpha-1 receptors agonist.
b Beta-2 receptor agonist
c Dopamine-D1 receptor agonist
d Histamine-H1 receptor agonist
12. Which of the following ratios is the best indicator of a pharmacy’s profitability ?
a. Net profit to net sales
b. Net profit to net worth
c. Net profit to total asset
d. Net profit to inventory
13. Which of the following ratios generally indicates the efficiency of a pharmacy ?
a. Net profit to total assets.
b. Inventory turnover rate
c. Capitalization of net profit
d. Net profit to net sales
14. The molecular geometry of a CH4 (methane) molecule is:
d. Trigonal bipyramidal
15. The transfer of molecules from a solid phase directly to a vapor phase is known as:
16. As with most menopause symptoms, hot flashes are due to
a. Estrogen deficiency
b. Estrogen excess
c. Progesterone deficiency
d. Progesterone excess
17. The symptoms of BPH are caused by
a. pressure exerted by the prostate gland on urethra
b. relaxation of bladder muscles
c. shrinkage of the prostate gland
d. relaxation of the prostate gland muscles
18. Which of the following TCA is used in the treatment of nocturnal enuresis?