Name: Husam Abazid
Date of birth: 1972
Place of birth: Daraa, Syria
Present address: Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Therapeutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Amman, Jordan.
Languages: English, Arabic, Russian and Germany
E-mail: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته., عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
Drugs and their effects on brain
2013-present ِAssociate Professor
2010-2013 Head of Union Unity for teachers and staff at the
Faculty of Pharmacy, Al-Ba'ath University, Homs, Syria.
2006-2012 Assistant professor Department of biochemistry and microbiology
Faculty of Pharmacy, Al-Ba'ath University, Homs, Syria.
2002-2005: Ph.D. in Medical Biochemistry
Department of biochemistry, Grodno State medical university.
1998-2001:Resident doctor, Specialist clinical diagnosis laboratory.
Clinical training at public health agency Voronezh region. Russia.
1993-1998: Bachelor of Pharmacy. Faculty of Pharmacy, Voronezh State
Medical Academy. With "excellent rating".
Educational (Teaching) Experience
Teaching the following subjects at:
- International University for Science and Technology, Damascus. College of pharmacy: Clinical Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of dentistry: Biochemistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy, Amman, Jordan.
College of pharmacy: Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
Special Topics Pharmaceutical
College of Nursing: Biochemistry
I Instrumental Analysis
- Vinitskaya A., Abazid H., Lelevich V. (2003). Compartible state of GABA-shunt in brain regions in protracted alcohol and morphine abstinence. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 38 (5): 505.
- Vinitskaya A., Abazid H., Lelevich V.V. (2004). Anaplerotic GABA shunt and tricarboxylic acid cycle in brain regions after protracted morphine administration. The FEBS Journal: 172.
- Abazid H., Vinitskaya A., Lelevich V.V. (2004). Peculiarities of γ-aminobutyric acid metabolism and activity of the tricarboxylic acid cycle under the action of morphine. Journal of the Grodno State Medical University, 5(1): 27-30.
- Abazid H., Vinitskaya A., Lelevich S.V. [et al].(2004). Changes in rat brain GABA catabolism during morphine withdrawal. Modern Aspects of studying of alcohol and drug addiction. :5-9.
- Vinitskaya A., Abazid H., Lelevich S.V. [et al].(2004). Neuroactive amino acids and GABA metabolism in brain stem of rats after acute administration of morphine hydrochloride. Modern Aspects of studying of alcohol and drug addiction: 23-27
- Abazid H. (2005). Functional activity of GABA-shunt and tricarboxylic acid cycle in thalamic region in brain of Morphine-Dependent rats. Scientific-practical conference of students and young scientists dedicated to the memory of Professor. A. Gabuzov
- Abazid H. (2005). Impact of chronic morphine intoxication on GABA metabolism and tricarboxylic acid in cerebral cortex of rats. Journal of the Grodno State Medical University, 9(1): 34-36.
- Abazid H., Lelevich V.V. (2005). State of γ-aminobutyric acid metabolism in rat brain during Morphine withdrawal. Guide National Academy of Sciences Belarusian, 2: 44-48.
- Lelevich, V., Abazid, H., Vinitskaya, A., & Doroshenko, E. (2005). Effects of acute Morphine Hydrochloride administration on functional activity of Tricarboxylic acid cycle, GABA-shunt and content of neuroactive amino acids in rat brain. Neurochemical Jour, 22(1) 38-43.
- Vinitskaya, A., Abazid, H., Lelevich, S., & Lelevich, V. (2005). GABA shunt and Tricarboxylic acid cycle functional activity in brain of morphine-dependent rats. Guide National Academy of Sciences Belarusian, 2: 16-19.
- Vinitskaya, A., Lelevich, S., Lelevich V., Abazid H. (2006). Metabolism GABA and contents some of its precursor in the thalamic region of rats at chronic morphine intoxication. Topical issues of molecular evolution and biochemistry (Materials of the Republican conference): 56-59.
- Abazid, H., Lelevich, S. (2006). Influence of chronic morphine intoxication on the content of free amino acids in rat brain. Abstracts of the conference of students and young scientists dedicated to the memory of professor Makshanov. Belarus.
- Abazid, H., Vinitskaya, A., Lelevich, V. (2011). Effect of morphine intoxication on the activity of GABA-shunt in some region rat brain. Journal of the Grodno State Medical University, 3(35): 29-35.
- Al-Meselmany, M., Yevseyeva, M., Abazid, H., Yevseyev, A. (2013). Ionizing radiation action on energy metabolism testicle tissue and its morphology. Vestnik of Smolensk State Medical Academy, 12(1), 42-61.
- Abazid, H. (2015). Effect of morphine withdrawal on activity of GABA in the brain of rats. MedCrave MOJI, 2 (5).
- Abazid, H., Alkrad, J., Al-Saghbini, M., S. (2016). Effect of acute and chronic morphine intoxication on the activity of the GABA shunt in some parts of the rat brain. Arab Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 5(4): 112- 119.
- Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, 2013.
- DIABETES, 2014, Damascus, Syria.
- The Drugs, Their kinds and its effect on human and society. 2015. ISBN 9789957912413. Amman, Jordan.
- Syrian Teachers Association, 2007.
- A member of the Syrian central Pharmacists Union.
- Member of the committee studying the establishment of a laboratory for analysis of hormonal and genetic biotechnology center.
- Oversee the equivalent foreign graduate degrees.
- Scientific supervisor of the Medical Website (Syrian clinic): www.syrianclinic.com
- A member of Syrian Arab Red Crescent Organization since 2008
- Supervising the work of pharmacy students in volunteer work camps set up by the Executive Office of the National Union of Students Syria
- Participation in the treatment of drug-dependent in addiction centers, access to the types of abuse drugs (opiates kinds, cocaine, caffeine ...) and psychological materials (inhibitors, sedatives, hypnotics, stimulants, hallucinogens and stimulants as well as alcohol).
SIMPOSA and CONFERRENCES
- 2003: The 9th Congress European Society for the study of bio-medical problems of addiction to alcohol and drugs )ESBAR(. Prague- Czechs.
- 2004: The 29th Congress Federation of European Biochemical Societies (The FEBS). Turkey.
- 2004: international symposium "Present- Day" Aspects of Alcohol and Drug Dependence. Grodno- Belarus.
- 2008: the training program of modern scientific management. Homs- Syria.
- 2011: Upgrading the higher education sector (UHES) E.U funded program. Homs- Syria.
- 2014: Plan training workshop tagged with (the basics of statistical software SPSS). Amman, Jordan.
- 2015: The 1st International Conference of the Jordanian Faculties of Pharmacy “RECENT ADVANCES IN PHARMACY & PHARMACUETICAL CARE“ Amman, Jordan.